THE SIMS2: BON VOYAGE
RELEASE: September 6th
Three, two, one…Sick of the routine and your boring daily environment and people? Do you want to disconnect? So: go on holidays! Yes, with your Sims Bon Voyage.
The first thing you have to do is to book your holidays. Go to the telephone or the computer and select the option: holidays-book. A new screen will appear where you have to choose:
- who is going to go on holidays with you, not only your family lot, you can invite everyone you want, for example, your best friends!
- How many days? (max. 7)
- When? (choose the day of the week)
- Hotels: cheap, ok or expensive. You can choose!
All your sims, except the babies, can go on holidays including your toddlers and pregnant sims, but your pregnant sim won’t give birth in the holiday lots because there the time doesn’t go by, so, on the other hand, your sims won’t never grow up there.
Once we have the holidays booked, a taxi stops in front of our house and our sims can start the journey!
Where can we go? We have 3 holiday lots: Takemizu Village (Asian culture) , Three Lakes (the mountains), and Twikii Island (beach life, Polynesian style).
Inside each holiday lot we can see all the hotels available to choose (if the hotel has a green bed icon is because it has already been taken). If we don’t want to stay in a hotel we can buy a house. Our sims can’t live in this house forever, only when they are on holidays there. In the hotel you can ask the bellman for a room. Then you can ask a tourist guide about the activities you can do around the lot: if you are a risk taker you can even buy a “flight through the clouds” but be careful, your sims can suffer the consequences and it will affect negatively to their needs, aspirations, even to their job! You have to consider this, if your sims don’t enjoy the holidays they are going to be very depressed and this will affect every aspect of their life, on the other hand, if your sims really enjoyed the holidays they are going to be very happy and this is going to be reflected in their family life, job, etc.
There’s a complete new system of what we can called “badges”. In your control panel you can find a new section plenty of empty boxes that you have to fill learning and trying the new activities you can do in your holidays. For example, if you learn to dance the hula-hula, the hula-hula badge will be set.
Another new objects is a personal camera. Your sims can take pictures of whatever they want during the holidays. Once at home you can put all the pictures together in an album or you can select some of them and print them aspictures that you can hang on your wall.
There are lots of new activities to do in the holiday lots, some of them:
- 4 dances to learn: Hula-hula, the fire dance, tai-chi and the dance of the mountains.
- Tea ceremony
- Greetings: Each lot has its own greeting. If you want to go to the mountains don’t forget to imitate Tarzan XD, this is the greeting there.
- The beach: oh yes, a real beach with waves included!! Your sims can swim in the water or lay in the sand with their own towel! You can also build sandcastles or look for shells. But be careful with the sun! You can burn yourself!
- You can find 3 new characters, one in each new holiday lot: the yeti, the ninja and the old man. To find the yeti you have to be lost in the mountains! If you find him you can adopt him and he will take care of your children
Let’s talk now about the new objects:
- New typical clothing of thepeople living in the holiday lots: Asian clothes, Polynesian outfits...
- Pirate ship: This is the biggest object never created. It is placed by the beach and you can find lots of interactions there: play with the rudder or the gangway, do a sword war, etc. There’s a pirate ghost living in the ship but he is not bad, he’s just a sad pirate that you have to cheer singing pirate songs with him or just playing with him
- Cen Garden: work in it or just relax meditating.
- Massage stretcher: Every sim that has learned to do massages can do them. 3 types: Swedish, stone and Digit/Finger Pressure..
- Crazy trunks: do you think that you can stand in a trunk floating on the waterand moving without control? Let’s see!
- Sequoia: read the story of all the sims that have visited the place in this ancient sequoia.
- Statue of the wishes: A fountain inspirited in the Polynesian culture. Don’t throw soap into it or the Gods can be furious with you and produce lava instead of water!
- New section in the bodyshop!: accessories: piercings, bracelets, sunglasses.... You can also buy these things in the souvenir shops or find them digging in the floor.
- New types of houses (ex. with Chinese roofs): the new building materials will be available if you visit the holiday lots.
That’s it, I hope you enjoy the information and excuse me for my bad English.
Have a nice day!
SOON: more pictures and videos!